An object study done during 5th semester. After taking apart a used electric iron, learning the “insides” and studying the market I have decided to accept the challenge.
Starting the project I lacked knowledge about ironing, but after interviewing experienced users I felt competent about designing one. The shape of the base plate is an innovation of mine. The design helps to iron difficult positions, like around the buttons.
small, easy to use, household elerctric iron
streamlined, spherical, dynamic
- Create a modern form that would be competitive on the existing market.
- Create coherent form that would have electric iron requirements: comfortable grip, easy access to buttons, large capacity for water.
- ergonomic handle
- rubber non-slip grip and buttons
- modest, attractive colors
- cabel control system
- Ceramic base plate
- 300ml tank
- tank level indicator
- easy thermostat adjustment
- intiuitive use of the buttons
- east access to the buttons
- convenient refilling system